AN OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK IN AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO REDUCING POVERTY, ENHANCING FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY AND IMPROVING NATURAL RESOURCES
The Center is based in Mexico. Ideally, the position is based at the HQ but the selected candidate may have the option to work remotely with occasional visits on-site for orientation and meetings.
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for- profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries.
Please refer to the website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for a 11 month consultancy on Finance Management/Tracking/Forecasting to support the Sustainable Agri-food Systems Program Finance Management and Project Portfolio management as well as support the development of adequate financial management for the innovative business models and strategies.
- Generate learning and systematization of the financial management of the project portfolio in support of the Program Finance Manager(s).
- Develop financial management requirements and tools based on innovative business models and strategies in coordination with the Corporate Service Units of CIMMYT in support of the Program Finance Manager(s).
- Develop together and in support of the Program Finance Manager(s) improved project finance monitoring systems that provide Project Leads with clear project information spending, burn rates and projections for the term of the project.
- Develop the process and tools for the top-down budget versus actual expenses review for projects and highlight issues while suggesting actions to PL’s.
- Capture institutional best practices and lessons learned based on the experience of the project portfolio and institutionalize in the program to set the Program Finance Manager(s) up for success.
- Set appropriate and measurable financial performance indicators and targets based on donor requirements to be routinely monitored by the Program Finance Manager(s).
- Design the monitor and control activities to be implemented by the Program Finance Manager(s).
- Develop guides and requirements of particularly important institutional donors to perform risk assessments on donor reporting activities.
- Develop and implement program process improvements for improved financial project and program management.
- Develop an FTE (Full Time Equivalent) management system that is fully automated and easily updatable.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master’s degree in Finance or administration will represent an advantage.
- At least 10 years of experience working in a finance position with increasing levels of responsibility in a medium sized to large grant funded organization.
- At least 10 years of experience in grant or project financial management.
- Experience working in a multicultural, international environment/atmosphere.
- Knowledge of financial systems, ERP, MS office, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation, and analytical skills.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel).
- Advanced level in the English language.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Client Orientation, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Critical Thinking, and Communication.
The consultancy is for an initial fixed-term for eleven (11) months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV and a one-page cover letter, including copies of the highest diploma/degree, training certificates related to the position, and names and email addresses of 3 professional referees to Ms. Auree de Carbon by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 14, 2023 18:00 CET. Please indicate in the Subject’ of the email the title “Application for the post of CIMMYT _ FINANCE MANAGEMENT/TRACKING/FORECASTING CONSULTANT”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.